Friday 30 April 2010

Summer IS on the way!


At the beginning of another Bank Holiday weekend we are, yet again, at the mercy of the British weather and rain is forecast for the next few days.  I mustn't grumble too much because today has been fairly sunny, if not cold and breezy.  Still, without the rain, we wouldn't get the lovely summer flowers.

Today's card has been made for a trio of challenges:

Just Cute bears - I've used their sketch and included the obligatory teddy
Lili of the Valley - Here Comes Summer (with a LOTV rubber stamped image)
The Pixie Cottage - lots of flowers


I've coloured the image with pro markers - using lots of my blending pen to get the effect on teddy.  I've used my nestabilities to cut the sunflower shapes - the semi circles on the Just Cute Bears sketch was just calling to be made into sunflowers!  The paper and card is all by DCWV.

And if you are feeling a bit down because of the British rain, here's a reminder that summer IS on its way.  I took this photo a couple of evening ago after a beautifully warm day.  I love a red spring time sky - this was the view from the front of my house, with the fantastic pinks and purples in the clouds:




Thanks for looking and I'm so glad blogger seem to have changed their photo upload back to the old one.  I obviously wasn't the only person who was unhappy about it (see Distressed Fairy post!).

Amanda

18 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Amanda,
Thanks Sooo much for the gorgeous Birthday Card and the beautiful images! Can't wait to use them. Love this card and you have coloured it so wonderfully. I like the way you made Sunflowers with your Nesties too.
Thanks again hun!
Hugs, Donna x

JAN said...

Hi Amanda what a fabulous card i really love the way you have created the background its so unique..i am enjoying my goodies and adding some of those fabulous feathers to a circle journal page which i will be posting soon on my blog, ty once again i truly appreciate my candy Hugs Janet

Katie said...

Great card with a super cute image! Love the sunflower, it just makes me smile :)
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week.

jackiescrafts said...

I love your card Amanda and as for the sunset wow it's beautiful

Hugs Jackie x

Doreen said...

Wow Amanda this is fabulous I do love the image so beautifully coloured.xxx

Kat said...

This is lovely Amanda. I love how you've turned the circles in the sketch into sunflowers. Love that cute image and how you coloured him. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears this week.

Kat x

cheryl said...

oh this is one cute image hun love it thanks for joining us at the pixie cottage,love hugs cheryl xxxx

Davi said...

What a sweet image Amanda, I love the sunflower it certainly says summer!:) Lovely sunset pic also. Thanks for joining us the Pixie Cottage.

Sarah said...

Lovely card and what amazing colouring xxx

MissyB said...

Hi Amanda,

Great card, love the colour's. The colouring in is fab, you picked up some good tips last week.

Missyb x

Sonia said...

Great card beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.
Hugs Sonia xx

Annie said...

such a cute teddy bear on your card! thanks for joining in with us at Just Cute Bears.
hugs, annie x

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous cute card. Love everything about it! Wow..love your photo!xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com

Bev said...

Oh this is just so sweet! The papers are so pretty and compliment the sweet image beautifully. Thanks for joining LOTV this week x

Adrina said...

Oh your card is so lovely, super cute image.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage. Adrina XX

Emma said...

Your card is adorable, I love the image and how you made the sunflowers in the backing. Sunflowers remind me of my Dad, he used to grow them with my nephew & great nephew.
Such a stunning photgraph too, I just wish the summer would hurry up!! Lol
Hugs Emma x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Totally adorable! Love the sunflower accents with that sweet image. Thanks for playing along at the Pixie Cottage this week, hope to see you back again soon! :)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What an adorable card Amanda. Beautifully coloured image and those sunflowers look brilliant.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage Challenge,
Sharon xx