Tuesday 20 April 2010

LOTV Fairy


Today's card is going to be entered into the Lili of the Valley challenge #51.  It is one of my older LOTV fairy stamps but I still love it.  This week's theme was to make a card using their sketch.  I've put my image in a rectangle rather than the circle, just about every card I make at the moment has a circular image and I fancied a change.

Trying to stick with my New Year's resolutions (not very well I hasten to add!) I am tring not to buy more stash than I need and to use up my old stuff or give it to charity/make charity cards.  With that in mind, I have cut some flowers out of the backing paper and some matching swirls.  I added cosmic shimmer glitter and jewels to make the flowers more of a focal point around the image.  In any case, I couldn't find any flowers in my stash to match the paper as it is quite a busy design and orange/blue is not a combination I usually go for. 



 Once again, I coloured the image with pro markers - glittered with a clear Sakura glitter gel pen and cosmic shimmer.  The paper and glitter card is DCWV.  I've added a pale blue organza ribbon bow with a little metal heart charm attached (saying "Made with love".  The charm was from a pack found in a £ shop - it came with some little key charms which I am thinking of using with one of my handmade bears. 

I am sorry if there are spelling mistakes, trying to blog on my new netbook and my fingers keep hitting the wrong buttons on the smaller keyboard (very frustrating).  I'll get used to it eventually.

Thanks for popping by,

Amanda

6 comments:

the crafty duck said...

Hi Amanda, what a lovely card, yes I too have tried (and failed miserably!!!!) to use up what I already have!! The lure of crafty shopping is too strong I'm afraid!! ROFL, lots of love Steph

JAN said...

hi Amanda your card is so beautiful..love all the glitter and jewels so beautiful..

Sarah said...

Ooohh this is gorgeous, love the colours x

Larisa said...

Hei, so funny card Amanda ))) The image is great !!!

Liz said...

Hi Thought I would pop over see my new tweam mate leave you a little comment when I come back will put your blog on my sede bar and all new members of MCFC too look forward to working with you I will be back off to see if I follow your blog now

liz xx

Liz said...

I didn't but I do now I will be back Monday

liz xx