Wednesday 28 April 2010

It was just my card that was distressed



Well, it was just supposed to be my card that was distressed - but after trying to upload my photos for this post to Blogger, it is now me who's distressed.

Why do Blogger have to change things without letting people know? Okay, so once I've worked it out, it is fairly easy but I don't want to waste my time searching help pages and trying to work things out.  I'm still learning my way around my new PC so I could do without this extra hastle.  I am a great believer of "If it ain't broke - Don't fix it!".

Right, I've got my moan out of the way now ..... on to the crafting.

I've made this fairy card for 3 challenges:

The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Distressing
Totally Paper Crafts - Recipe of 4 embelishments (3 flowers + 1 charm), 3 Papers, 2 ribbons, 1 image
One Stitch at a time - Flowers (Thanks Liz for introducing me to this challenge site)


The image is by Pollycraft and is coloured with promarkers.  Last Saturday I went to a class at the Secret Crafter shop which was great.  Fortunately I don't live too far away from there.  The lady who was showing us how to blend/shade with promarkers was very knowledgeable (sorry, I can't remember her name - names have never been one of my strong points!)  I just want to buy more of the pens now - I'll need a considerably bigger box soon!

The prima flowers were bought from the Secret Crafter shop and I really made the card around these flowers because I loved them and wanted to use them.

Oh, and if anyone from Blogger reads this, your new photo uploading is rubbish!

Thanks everyone for reading my grumpy post and I hope you don't have any problems uploading your blog photos.

Amanda








15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Amanda the image is gorgeous and coloured beautifully.xxx

jackiescrafts said...

Lovely card Amanda, your colouring and colour choice are brill and I love your flowers too.

I don't have problems uploading to blogger but I have a Mac and use a programme called ecto that already uses flickr as the host. I do agree though that it would have been nice to have been notified about the changes

Hugs Jackie xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the soft colours you've used!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Sarah said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love the colours x

Sue said...

Hi Amanda
aww gorgeous card, luv this image, beautiful colouring,lovely papers & embelies, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Liz said...

Amanda This you could enter over at one stitch at a time too (see my side bar) its a lovely card
Liz xx

cheryl said...

oh this is a gorjus card love the image and papers,you have used too thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT hope to see you again love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx you could also enter this hun into Pixie cottage,as its flowers there too hugs xxxxxxx

Tammy said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

Davi said...

Beautiful coloring of that sweet image, love the distressing and those cool flowers! :)

Mel X said...

Hi Amanda. Aww I'm so envious of you - wish I lived close to the Secret Crafter Shop - then again - I'd never have any pennies left lol.

Super card hun, love that image and you've coloured it beautifully.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Mel X

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

Sam said...

Ooer hun you are the second person I've seen on my travels saying about blogger changing the upload process - weird mine has stayed the same as it was!! Anyway I'm glad you got it figured out hun as this is a lovely card. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT this week.
Sam x

Tammy said...

This is such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

What a fab card and beautiful flowers :)
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT and don't forget to check back later today to see the new challenge, find out who won this one, and for a very special store anouncement. Good luck!

thread-bare said...

What a fab card. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT. x Clare (DT) x