Sunday 18 April 2010

Strawberry picking and some Magical news!


I am really excited - I have been asked to be a DT member for Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenge blog!  How great is that?  I was really pleased to have been chosen and I am looking forward to making my first challenge creation - and a bit nervous too - I've been looking at the DT blogs, their work is soooo good!  Hope I can meet their standard.  I think that it is only right that I must reward myself with a little crafty shopping spree - even though I could probably open my own shop with the stash I have! 

I look forward to working with all of the lovely ladies in the DT and to visiting your blogs to look at your creations.

Today's card is for the challenge over at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge which, this week, is "A Day Out".  As the sun is shining I thought about days out that I enjoyed as a child - and strawberry picking was definitely one of my favourites.  By the end of the day, I had usually eaten as many strawberries as I had in my basket - still, we only had to pay for the ones in the basket, not in my tummy!  I had some sweet DCWV strawberry paper from Nana's nursery stack that I was looking for an excuse to use.  The perfect image was there on Sliekje blog of a little girl happily strawberry picking.  If you haven't visited this blog before you must pay it a visit.  This lady has some lovely digi images which are FREE for personal use, she is so generous.



I've coloured the image with pro markers and gel pens.  The strawberries were already pre-glittered.  The ribbons and heart brad are Papermania and the flower was a magazine freebie.

Now, if you are ready for a little laugh, here is the photo which really was the inspiration for the strawberry picking card.  It is of a certain little lady - aged just 7 months - on her very first strawberry picking day out!  Can't remember that one but there were many more since! 



Check out that antique pram and the frilly knickers!  Stuffing a strawberry in her face again!

Thanks for looking,

Amanda

9 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

Lovely card Amanda, cute picture too

Welcome to our DT I look forward to getting to know you and working with you

Hugs Jackie x

paperscissors said...

kudos on your dt position, and really no worries about your meeting their level of crafting, you've got talent! great sharing of your photo, that is quite the pram with a fringed top, always about the embellishments!

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda

Congratulations I'm so pleased you are joining us and I'm looking forward to working with you.

Your card is gorgeous, love the yummy strawberry theme and the gorgeous photo that has inspired you.

Hugs

Joanne xx

the crafty duck said...

Hi Amanda and welcome to the DT, I'm really looking forward to working with you, I remember the "proper" prams and those sun shades!! Aah memories, looks like you ceratinly enjoed those starwberries!! Lots of love Steph

Mel X said...

Hi Amanda. Smashing card, love the image and colours. Luv the frilly knickers - got pics of me in them lol! Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter, I hope you come back and see us again soon. Good luck in the draw.

Congratulations on making the Design Team over on MCF. Don't worry about standards chuck - you got that covered. Just relax, do what you do - and have FUN! Looking foward to working wih you and getting to know ya.

Mel X

MissyB said...

Hi Amanda,

Congratulations on becoming a DT member for the magical crafts fortnightly challenge blog. Don't worry about your work, your cards are always lovely

Missyb x

Carol Ann said...

Great card Amanda. Delighted to be working with you on the Magical Crafts DT don't be nervous we are a very friendly bunch!

Carol Ann xx

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda x Well done you! x Well deserved though, you will be an asset x Enjoy x Love the card too! leigh x

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card, beautiful colours and love the cute image.
luv
Debby