Thursday 8 April 2010

Just in case


The card that I made last night really suits today - because it is bright and sunny and really feels like Spring has arrived. 

As the sun was shining and it is quite warm, I have taken my "little one" for a walk to McDonalds this lunchtime.  The deal was he could go only if we walked there and back (so that mum burned off some of the extra calories).  Now, after scoffing his Cadburys Creme Egg McFluffy that he couldn't manage - I'm glad I walked ........ so bad, but yet soooo good!  Back to the crafting ...

I'm going to enter this card into three challenges:
1) Just Cute Bears - Green and Yellow
2) Digi Stamp boutique - card made in April
3) The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - How does your garden grow?


The image is Coco by Digi Stamp boutique.  Paper and card all DCWV and I've punched the border with a Martha Stewart punch.  The image is coloured with pro markers.  I found the wooden flowers yesterday, they must have been in my stash for about 10 years - the smaller ones were yellow and pink so to keep with the colour scheme I added a green jewel in the centre and scribbled some gel pen over the pink lines.

The gingham ribbon was in my "Recycle Just in case" box and probably came from off a box of chocolates or similar, I can't remember.  I love to save little bits "Just in case" - other half calls it "hoarding c*^p" but he's not a crafter and just doesn't understand the need to keep things "Just in case".

Thanks for popping by and come back soon,

Amanda

12 comments:

Becky said...

Oh wow Amanda!! I adore your card, isn't this colour combo just fantastic!! Your teddy is so sweet, he really looks like he's smelling the flowers!! I love the punched edge too, really want to get more punches!!
I went to Mcdonalds on Tuesday, we both had a happy meal lol!! I love being a big kid!!
xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So sweet

Thanks for joining us on Just Cute Bears :)

Hugs Jane x

Anonymous said...

This is adorable. This is fab. Thanks for playing along with Just Cute Bears this week. Hugs Ali x

Jennifer said...

Yummy McDonalds! Your card is fab, bright and cheery...very cute too! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Kat said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears this week.

Kat x

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, beautiful colours and fabulous sweet bear.
luv
Debby

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining in SCSC and Just Cute Bears this time.
Cathy xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Amanda, what a pretty card. Great colouring of Coco and love the bright and cheery colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at DSB

darcy48 said...

Love you card AJ especially like the little ladybird on the daisy, its so cute x

Sarah said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.

xx :0)

Annie said...

fabby spring teddy card! thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears,
hugs, annie x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Truly, truly stunning..fabulous colouring....thanks for joining our DSB comp .......Sally-Ann..x