Thursday 22 April 2010

Life began in a garden


Here is my card for today - a garden inspired card.  The main image is a clear stamp by Stamps Away which I've never actually used before even though I've had it for ages.  I am going to enter it into the following challenges:

Passion for Promarkers 48 - In the Garden
The Creative Cottage - Going Green (recycling, see below)
Allsorts challenge - In stitches
Die Cut Dreams - Tear it up


I have used a recycled brown envelope which fits in with the "Going Green" theme and have torn the address off.  The little flower was stamped with VersaMark.  I've made a pocket out of the envelope which I thought would be nice to add a packet of two of seeds, with the gardening card.

I've lined inside the card with a floral paper from DCWV and added faux stitching.

The faux button was made using scraps of the floral liner paper - click here to see the fab tutorial on how to make faux buttons.  There's no glitter/sparkle/bling on this card - which is unusual for me, I'll have to get the glitter ready tomorrow otherwise I'll be having withdrawal symptoms!


The image is coloured with pro markers and I've used flower soft to add texture on the flowers and leaves.  The sentiment is part of a larger rubber stamp.

Lastly, here's the photo that I was having trouble uploading earlier on today:


Thank you Janet for getting in touch so quickly, your blog candy parcel will be posted tomorrow or Saturday, as soon as I can get to the Post Office.

Thanks for looking,

Amanda

14 comments:

Wiccababe said...

very clever AJ
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi AJ, what a pretty card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tracy said...

fabulous card love the design such a great idea and well done on the recycling! Thanks for joining in with this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge, I hope you will join us again. hugs Tracy x

the crafty duck said...

Hi AJ, lovely card its really pretty, you've reminded me I have similar Joanna Sheen ones! And no I haven't used them much either!! love steph

Fleur said...

Fab card, perfect for any gardener.
Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

JAN said...

fabulous card and perfect for earth day..love the reycled theme and going green too..how wonderful hugs Jan

JAN said...

Thank you so much i am thrilled to have won your candy prize..hugs janet

jackiescrafts said...

Hi Amanda I love your card, it's perfect for a gardener

Hugs Jackie x

Emma said...

Beautiful card, love the image and love how you did the pocket.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Ida / Little said...

Fab idea with the seed pocket. And such a pretty image to! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida

Shelly said...

Great idea with the pocket! Well done with the recycling! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Shelly ;)

Victoria said...

whata a lovely idea to pop the packets of seeds inside.

Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week

Hugs
Victoria
x

Susie Sugar said...

Fab card love the colours and the sweet image
Thanks for playing our "Tear it up" challenge with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie & Vikki xx