Thursday 15 April 2010

Oh no, not another teddy card!


Not another teddy card!  Those of you who visit my blog regularly know that I do like my teddy bears - both in my card making and making the actual bears.  I love this new stamp too - it is by Lili of the Valley.  I have embellished the card a bit more than I usually do, I'm a bit of a Plain Jane most of the time but I thought it was time I tried something different.

I have a big box full of paper roses, wires and "bits" from when I did my floristry qualifications.  I used to like using these paper flowers on my floristry craft projects and I thought I ought to make use of them in my card making too.  Some of the cards on your blogs are embellished so beautifully with these paper roses - however, I'm taking it one step at a time, sticking with just 3 at the moment.  I don't want to be too far out of my comfort zone, lol!!!



This card is being entered into 3 challenges:

Just Cute Bears - Flowers
Allsorts - Petals and Pearls
Sketch and Stash - I've used their sketch layout.  My newest item to my stash is the teddy stamp.  The neglected item is the leaf paper punch by Brenda Walton.  It is actually a tulip stamp but I snipped the flower off.  I bought it about 4 years ago but it was still in its packaging until this morning, how terrible!

Almost, forgot, the papers are by My Mind's Eye and the burgundy card is by Paper Mill Shop.  I made the little rose spirals by using the piece of wire that I snipped off the rose.  I wound it around a little wooden cocktail stick and glued it underneath the rose with silicone glue.

Thank you for looking and come back soon,

Amanda




11 comments:

Becky said...

What a stunning card AJ! I adore teddies too and these LOTV teddies are just the best aren't they!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

MissyB said...

Hi AJ, love the card and the colours you have used i love teddies too.

Love Missyb x

brenda said...

Hi Amanda

Very pretty indeed and like the idea of the curled wire with the flowers, very clever.

Thank you for joining my Petals and Pearls theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Chrissie said...

This is such a beautiful card Amanda and those pretty papers are perfect with this sweet image.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Annie said...

a gorgeous teddy bear card! thanks for joining in with us at Just Cute Bears.
hugs, annie x

Sonia said...

So sweet, thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.
Hugs Sonia x

Jennifer said...

Wow this is totally adorable! Stunning!....it all works together so nicely! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Such a fab card!

Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.

xx :0)

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, gorgeous papers too. Thanks for joining in Just Cute Bears Challenge this week. Hugs Ali x

Doreen said...

And why not another teddy card??? It is gorgeous.xxx

Mel X said...

Hiya Amanda. Gorgeous card. Love all the elements. Beautiful

Mel X