Monday 2 May 2011

Dancing Willow



First of all I want to say a big Hello and Thank You to my newest followers - I will try to get around to your blogs as soon as I can.  Hope you like the new background - I felt it was time for a change from the pale blue.  I'm liking my gingham at the moment - hence the background I've gone for!

Today's card is a fairly flat one so that it can be posted easily - I always worry about sending heavily embellished cards through the post in case it arrives to the recipient ruined.  Also, in the UK we are charged more postage if the envelope is more than 5mm thick so this one just fits under that.  Add to that, I think I may be going through a bit of a "clean and simple" phase at the moment - I keep trying to stick more flowers on but my hand just won't do it!!!

I made it for the Craft Your Days Away current challenge {Music and/or Dance} and then I realised that we had some sponsor images to use (see my below post).  Don't forget that we are having a DT call with our current challenge over at Craft your Days Away!

The stamp is Dancing Willow by Whiff of Joy and I have coloured it with pro markers.  The paper is from an old set by DCWV but I thought that it went perfectly with the images - dresses, handbags and shoes, what more do we girls need for a night out dancing and partying?  I've used flowers from a sizzix die, a MS deep edge punch and my nestabilities for the main shape.


I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Mami doodles - let's get girly
Paper cutz - Anything goes
Wags 'n' Whiskers - use a die cut/punch
Little Miss Muffet - use a die cut/punch

And lastly, for all UK bloggers - have a great May Day bank holiday and enjoy your day off work! 
Fingers crossed for sunshine!

Amanda

5 comments:

Dazie said...

I love this card the image is fab and the colours gorgeous!
Dazie
x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in the Little Miss Muffet challenge, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous card! Great take on the diecuts and punches challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

...just Peggy said...

Great layering! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet This week.

Mami Doodles said...

Beautiful, happy card! Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.