Wednesday 4 May 2011

Look what I made!!!


Okay, so I know that it is only a small tote bag but I MADE IT and I'm really pleased with how it has turned out!!!  It makes a change from my hand sewn teddies or just getting out my sewing machine to repair things.  The theory is, now that I have a little craft tote I can keep all of my bits 'n' bobs to hand, but nice and tidy (yeah, right, you all know I'm making that part up!).

As I only finished it on Monday and it is still on display I thought this would be a good time to share with What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday (or work chair in my case as I do not have a work desk - I craft where ever I find a space!).

I bought the instructions and fabric from the NEC Hobbycrafts show in March from Mandy Shaw's stand - she had some lovely stiched goodies, patterns and haberdashery on her stand.

Look inside - there's lots of lovely little pockets to keep my stash tidy (ha, ha!):


Here's the instructions that I used - you can buy the complete kit from HERE and make your own.  I also bought Mandy Shaw's new book last week - lots of inspiration to make "little and pretty" things.  (I purchased my book from Amazon which was a much better price than buying direct).


Also, still out on the table and on my mental To Do list is this cushion bought from my trip to Dunelm this weekend - no prizes for what my next sewing machine project is going to be!  While I was there I just had to have a little detour around the small craft section.  I picked up a couple of packs of mini alphabet stamps for a bargain price of 99p, a reel of red double sided tape which is the best I've found and some lovely glitter paper - the kind that gets you covered in glitter bits everywhere.




Thanks for having a look around my workspace today,

Amanda

18 comments:

Dazie said...

Wow this is brilliant well done!!!
Dazie
x

jude said...

Wow just love the tote youve made welldone you!Now maybe it will be a bigger tote next?The material looks beautiful,all those wee pockets.Have a happy Creative woyww 100
hugs judex 28

Sarah said...

I love that bag Amanda, gorgeous fabric x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Totally Love your Tote. It's always fun to find a bargain, but to come home and use it....great job. Have fun with alpha find and your sparkles. Thanks for sharing Sylvia #80

Sarah said...

Love it - it is soooooo gorgeous. I love bags and your own home made one must feel so great. Be verychuffed I say - fabulous job!!!!

Thanks for sharing your space,

Sarah at 4

Jan Hennings said...

What a great bag! Thanks for the snoop :)

Anonymous said...

WOW - what a great tote - will definitely follow your link to have a look at the kit - those little alphabets are great, thanks for sharing - Bea

Kathleen said...

Fabulous bag makes me feel like blowing the dust of my sewing machine and having a go myself.
Kathleen x

Sarpreet said...

gorgeous bag, beautiful workspace, Thank you for sharing your workspace, Happy WOYWW 100, crikey 100 weeks! #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh yeah, that red tape is a grabber - it will hold tiny beads and takes heat too -throw some embossing powder on it to make a nice border.

Your tote/pail is a triumph - well done you....especially sewing in the round..drives me mad!!

Sunshine Girl said...

I have made that little bucket bag too - there is a picture on the sewing tab on my blog if you are interested - not got the new Mandy Shaw book yet but might just have to purchase it when I go to the Malvern Quilt show in a couple of weeks! Thanks for sharing your desk. Sunshine Girl No. 32

jackiescrafts said...

What a lovely tote bag it's fab the material is great too

Hugs Jackie x

Neil said...

Great little bag to keep everything tidy! Lovely to tour your little space. Thanks for sharing.

Harborough Dad said...

Love your little bag, thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW x

Chrissy said...

Great job! Love it!
Thanks for sharing.
Chrissy #95

Sid said...

Gorgeous stuff !!

Sid# 48

Sparkly Engineer said...

very nice - especially like all the pockets.

okienurse said...

very nice tote you made. So cute and useful at the same time. I can't wait to see the next project done. I love the glitter sheets! Sorry I am late getting around this week but I haven't felt well! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #36