Wednesday 25 May 2011

Pollycraft's Dudley dinosaur


I'm getting back in the swing with crafting, slowly but surely.  I have the next 5 days off work (yay! another Bank Holiday Monday for us in the UK!!) and so I intend to get some crafting done.  I have done a little bit of retail theraphy on Etsy tonight - I've bought some lovely vintage style mohair and some adorable teddy patterns so I hope to get my sewing bag out in the next few days and have something nice to show you.  Retail therapy definitely helps - I recomend it, but then again, I'm not a bank manager, just a craft-aholic!!!

Today's card was one that I was asked to make.  It is for a little boy who lives overseas and so I have had to keep it fairly flat so that it can be posted easily.  I was asked to make a card with a dinosuar on it and so I thought that this Pollycraft image (Dudley with Balloon) was just right.  As usual I have coloured the image with pro markers, the papers are Its a boy thing by DCWV and I've cut the main shape with nestabilities.

The orange paper is supposed to be a giraffee but I thought it could also be scaly dinosaur skin (with a bit of artistic licence!).  I have embossed a strip of it with a Sizzix texture plate.  The card candy was originally white and I coloured it with a pro marker to get the colour match.


I told the lady (who the card was for) if Henry asks what kind of dinosaur it is, tell him it is a "Doyathinkhesaurus" - but then again, a five year old  boy probably knows all of the dinosaur names much better than the adults!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafting for all seasons - anything goes
Creativ Belli - use old/forgotten tool (Sizzix texture plates)
Digi stamps 4 joy - boys, boys, boys
Paper shelter - anything goes
Creative card crew - anything goes
Digital Tuesday - texture (embossing) and Pollycraft digi image
Stamps R us - going digital (Pollycraft image)

Thanks for looking,

Amanda

7 comments:

Jani said...

Amanda, this is so cute!I Love the colours you used and the image, too!
Good job hun!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Debs said...

Sooo cute I love your card, lovely colouring and papers, thanks for joining usat TPS this week.
Hugs

**Farrah** said...

Perfect card for a 5 year old boy!! So stinkin' cute.

jojoscraps said...

What a cutie! He's perfect for 5 year old and I love your colors and paper. Thanks for joining our digi challenge at Stamps R Us!
Jo xx

Unknown said...

Aww this is so cute Amanda, just love it xxx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining at TPS this week......

Hugs
Judith

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

What a cute card! Thanks very much for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew this week, and good luck :)