Friday 5 March 2010

A very distressed fairy!


Well the challenge this week at Pollycraft is "Distressed" and I must say that I was more than a bit distressed when making this card.  I was trying to get it to look really old and antique-ish but instead I think it looks like it has been salvaged from a fire!  Anyway, it was fun really and made a change from my usual clean cut lines.

Here's what I've used:
  • Fairy image from Pollycraft, coloured lightly with pro markers, covered with a fine crackle glaze and "aged" with ink and spots of pro marker.  The crackle glaze made the image fade and blur a little which I liked the effect of.
  • The papers are all from the new Papermania Perissmon range.
  • Bit of lace and brads from my stash.
Next time I do vintage I think I'll try and tone it down a bit!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, I really like the effect... it looks fab!! really pretty card!!
I was kicking and screaming when this challenge was set...I wasn't as brave as you, i just scuffed my edges a bit!
Thanks for joining us at pollycraft x

Sue said...

ooh this is gorgeous..simply stunning,thank you for joining us at pollycraft

sue
xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card A.J. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft. Hugs Michele x

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Amanda, wonderful distressing and ink work.

Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.

Hugs

Joanne xx