Monday 15 March 2010

My newest little bear


I have been neglecting my bear making over the last few weeks, but it is mostly because sewing the really small bears make my hands ache so much.  Rest over, so, this weekend my sewing kit has come out again and here is the latest creation that I have finished.  The pattern was by Sambrook Bears and is a gorgeous easy-to-sew bear.  I can't decide if this is a boy bear or a girl bear, so he/she has been named Jesse, a name suitable for either.


Here's Jesse sitting in the hand that created her!  I have embroidered the nose with DMC cotton perle thread but I wanted a glossy wet look to it, but didn't have any proper bear nose glaze.  It was a bit of an experiment but I raided my craft box and found an ancient bottle of Anita's clear glaze, which worked brilliantly and dried exactly how I wanted it to look. 

Lesson learned ..... always look in your stash to see what you've got before buying anything new.  I sorted my craft cupboard out last week and found that I had 111 ink pads!!!!  I must remember this lessons now - look and check before I buy!!!!!

I hope to be back in a day or two with another bear creation.

Pop back soon!

Amanda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is beautiful x Got such a cheeky face x Leigh x