Sunday 7 March 2010

Sketch and Stash card for Mother's Day


I have taken the opportunity this week to make my Mother's Day card whilst completing the Sketch and Stash challenge.  The challenge was to use the layout provided - which I loved and I'm sure that I will be using it again many times!

The newest part of my stash is the gingham and floral paper - it is Nana's nursery by DCWV and the neglected part of my stash is the green background paper with birds on.  It is a Brenda Walton paper by K & Co which has been in my paper drawer for about 5 years.  Can't believe I've never used it before because it is very delicate and pretty.


Here's a closer look at the image - I love this one, bought it recently from Pollycraft.  I printed it out onto ivory card this time as it is less stark than white and it goes well with the rest of the other colours I've used.  Once again, I've used Pro Markers to colour the image, but I've gone for pastel beige for the toadstools rather than the traditional red.

Thanks for popping by and come back to visit soon!

Amanda

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

This is such a sweet card, that image is perfect with these lovely papers.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.