Sunday, 13 March 2011

My new Whiff of Joy stamp


Today's card is made with one of the "new to me" Whiff of Joy stamps that I purchased from ebay the other day.  I think it is called Shopping Willow.  I love my Tilda stamps but I think the Willow designs are great for more "grown up" designs.

I have coloured the image with pro markers and used papers by My Mind's Eye and Pink Petticoat.   The stitching is a bit wonky but I guess that adds to the hand made feel!  I have used some prima flowers to make the focal flower - I misted them with water, scrunched them up then let them dry.  They dried in the scrunched up shape and I think they look more like how a real flower bud opens.  I'll definitely use that trick again!  The rest of the flowers are old ones from my stash, from when I did my floristry qualifications.  I used to use them on wedding "things".


I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Secret Crafter - Flowers for Mum
Little Claire's - Flowers
Friday Sketchers - I used their sketch


Gingerloft - Flowers
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes

That's it for today - I'm off to practise some crochet.  I am just teaching myself and will let you know how I get on with it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Amanda

9 comments:

Jasmina said...

Waw! I love that card. The stamp you used is really nice. And you used great colours.

Nicki (LittleTed) said...

This is lovely - great image and your flowers are gorgeous.

Nicki, x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So pretty!

Thanks for joining us on our "Flowers for Mum" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Jasmina said...

Hey my dear friend! I have another award for you on my blog :)
http://a-dreamy-land.blogspot.com/2011/03/another-blogger-award.html

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous and love the beautiful WOJ image.
luv
Debby

MARY B said...

Lovely card, Thank you for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

Mandy said...

Hi Amanda, your card is absolutely gorgoeus, so lovely and girly.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

phatelara said...

So purrty!!

Debbie, Crafty Heart

Louise said...

Simply stunning - beautiful colours, image and colouring! Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claire's x