Thursday 10 March 2011

New Little Scruffy Bear


Here's the scruffy little ted that I finished last night.  It has been in my sewing bag for about 6 months - I bought a piece of sparse mohair, cut the pattern out and started to stitch it together.  Then I put it to one side and it has been left unfinished for weeks. 


The reason I stopped making it was because I didn't like it at all.  You need to remember that the fur all over the face was long at it just looked like some kind of "yeti" monster.  When I was finally fed up of the pieces hanging aroung my sewing box I decided to stuff the head and crack on with finishing it.  After I had trimmed the fur to create the face things were starting to take shape.


Now that it is finished I'm starting to really like it but I can't decide how I want to finish it.  I tried a lace collar, then a little key necklace , but I am also thinking about it would make a nice fairy teddy.  I thought that I could make some butterfly wings from acetate and glitter them up and add a few flower and fairy things.  What do you think? 


The trouble is, my teddy bear's always seem to look like little boys but I think that with a bit of work this one could be made into a little girl.



If I change it, I'll put some more pics on the blog to show you what I've done.  Off to play with some new Whiff of Joy stamps that arrived today - had a bit of an ebay day the other day!

Thanks for stopping by!

Amanda



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww this is really cute, love his size and the fluffy feel he seems to have :)

Gina K said...

Congrats on the new Whiff of Joy stamps. I love their stuff, especially the Elisabeth Bell images. Now, on to that adorable bear. I know I said this before (or, at least, I think I did), but your work amazes me. Each and every bear has its own character and something special that just makes me smile. I think this one would make an adorable fairy, or you could put some little pearl necklaces around her neck and give her a big, floppy hat. Either way, she'll be fab.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Ooooh - I love Teddy Bears, and this one is just so cute! Sparkly wings sound like a great idea, and maybe a sparkly head-dress to match, and a fairy wand. That would definitely turn him into a "her"!!
Hugs, Sylvia x

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love this teddy, he looks like he needs a good love.

Jennifer said...

Awwwww! So cute! I want...I want!! xx Jenny xx

Jasmina said...

Waw cute teddy bear. I love them. My mother also used to make teddy bears;). They are lovely.

cebelica said...

This is so cute!!

jackiescrafts said...

Awww she's cute and I think she would make a really sweet fairy teddy. I look forward to seeing more piccies of what you do

Hugs Jackie x

Unknown said...

Your bears are amazing Amanda x this one is absolutely gorgeous x he reminds me of my youngest son just after he was born! he! he! x leigh x

Sarah said...

Awwww, absolutely beautiful, what an expressive face!