Saturday 6 November 2010

Fab 'n' Funky Christmas


Sorry I haven't been around for a few days, spare time seems few and far between at the moment.  I spent yesterday at the Hobbycrafts Exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham yesterday.  I had a purse full of pennies to spend when I got there as I've been putting a little bit aside for the show each month.  I only blew the budget by a relatively small amount (£50-ish) but I did get some lovely goodies to play with.  The only problem is, when I ask my other half "should I buy this one or should I buy that one?" he says "Buy them both" ... so I do!  Therefore I can blame him for my overspend!  

I managed to get this card finished yesterday after getting home from the show.  I used the colour scheme over at Fab 'n' Funky for the basis of the card (kraft, lime and pink).  The image and sentiment are from Pollycraft and the papers are DCWV.  I recycled a brown "take-away" paper bag for the kraft paper.  Don't worry, it had only had a salad baguette in there - so it doesn't smell of Chinese or Indian take away!!!  The image has been coloured with Pro Markers with a little glittering here and there.  The snowflake is a Sizzlits die and I've added a couple of bits of card candy.

  

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Fab 'n' Funky - Colour scheme challenge
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - I used their sketch for the layout
I love pro markers - Snowflakes
Charisma Cards - With love @ Christmas
Totally Papercrafts - Tag it
Pollycraft - Its Chill Time
The Pixie Cottage - Recycle (brown paper bag)
Pattie's Creations - A Christmas card or creation

Thanks for looking - pop back again soon!

Amanda

28 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Amanda! I am so jealous of you going to the NEC ;-)

Laney said...

Super card Amanda and gorgeous image!!!
hugs
laney

Sandra DeFalco said...

So cute!!

We have a challenge going on that your creation fits our Christmas theme, why don't you head on over and enter!
The more people we get to enter, more prizes will be offered.

☺ Sandi
DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Joey said...

Hi Amanda

this is gorgeous hunny, beautiful colourwork, thanks forjoining us at pollycraft

Joey.xx

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Absolutely too cute. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Stressed Stamper said...

Think everyone went to the NEC apart from me!...Next year...Fab card...Thanks for joining in at TPC - and Good Luck
Sarah x

Sharon Basel said...

This is a darling card Amanda! Love the papers you used-creative recycling too! And that image is the cutest thing! Great take on the sketch this week. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
All the best,
Sharon
SSW DT

Karen said...

Awwww this is cute, love the image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Cleota said...

Super card! Love the image and the snowflake! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

Cleota
DT member, Team 2

LindaS said...

Adorable card - I love the tag and snowflake you add too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenges.

cheryl said...

oh this is just so super cute,love that image,bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hope too see you again soon love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Lorraine said...

Very nice. I really like the lay out of that. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

mulberry station said...

How fun to be able to do to a craft show...they are aways so fun to go to. I have a hard time when I go to them too. I always spend more that I should. I am saving up for next time already :) Your card is adorable. I love the image. It is so cute! Thansk for joining us!
Nancy SSW

Suzi Mac said...

Such a sweet card Amanda, love the recycle element. Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage This week with your lovely creation. We look forward to seeing you join us again soon.
Hugs
Suzi x

Kathie said...

Hi Amanda, love your card, great image and lovely design papers. Great minds think alike I also recycled so brown paper they other day thinking I could used it at some stage. Great job and take on Arlana's sketch.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and good luck.
Kathie SSW - DT

Adrina said...

Very sweet Amanda.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Nanda said...

That is a lovely card. And a great way to recycle a paperbag. Thank you for joining The Pixie Cottage Challenge.

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my, what a cutie of a card!!! Super sweet image and such lovely coloring!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Pattie G said...

What a very cute card and image!
Thanks for joining us this week at Patties Creations Design Challenge.

Sadilla said...

Hi
that's a wonderful cretaion! I like so much the image, the pinguin are so swett, and the colouring so bright! =)
thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage this week
hugs
Sadia

katesacraftybugger said...

lovely card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate

andrea said...

beautiful card and such a gorgeous image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Sharon said...

What a great card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again next time round.
Sharon x

TinaB said...

Stunning card! Wonderful image and colouring! Thank you for play at Patties Creations xx Hugs Tina (DT) xx

Tammy said...

Great card, the stamp is lovely and coloured perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us at TPC. Hugs Tammy x

Jackie Randolph said...

So so sweet! beautifully colored and adorable image. Thanks so much for joining us at SSW!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What an adorable image! I love the colors with the kraft. Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Jeannie said...

Very, very cute and I really like the scalloped card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie