Thursday 14 January 2010

I hate snow (oh, and a card)!


I have had enough of snow now - we've had snow on the ground here since the week before Christmas and I am so fed up of it.  I'm longing to see abit a green grass and a hint of sunlight.  I'm fed up of being cold, wet and not being able to use my car as much as I normally do.

Still, it is a good excuse to stay in and get some crafting done.  I'm teaching myself to crochet at the moment and have mastered the basics, trying a few patterns now.  Photos may appear at a later date!

Above is a card that I made with one of my Anya rubber stamps.  I had the picture stamped and coloured already with my pro-markers and, as usual, I remembered at last minute that I hadn't made the card.  So, its not bad for a 10 minute effort.  I've used DCWV paper and card with some jewels and organza ribbon.  Must try to be more organised!



Here's a photo of my youngest son, kneeling down by his very own handiwork.  We had to raid my sewing box for some button eyes and pinched the bunny's carrot for the nose.  At least somebody is enjoying this weather.


When big brother came home he said the snowman was way too small, so here is version 2 that was made last night.  Woke up this morning and his nose had fallen off so I think he may be withering away slowly, hooray - the snow may be melting!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Gorgeous card, love the spots. Fantastic pics too...
Hugs Emma x