Saturday 25 June 2011

CYDA #23 - Vintage


Its our new challenge today over at Craft Your Days Away and it is one that I have enjoyed making.  Our lovely DT member Doreen has set our current challenge and for the next fortnight she has chosen:

 Vintage

We have our regular sponsor back for this challenge, Simon Says Stamp, and they are offering a prize of $10 to spend in their store for one lucky winner.  Pop over to the challenge blog for all the info.

Photobucket

I had a rummage through some of my stash and found some beautiful Anna Griffin papers that I had forgotten about, but then decided to use some papers from a forgotten Kay and Co pad called Isabellas papers.


The stamp is by Inkadinkado and I've stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa ink onto ivory linen card, to give it a bit of an aged distressed look.  I didn't want the image to look totally perfect on this one.  I've added just a touch of colour with pro markers. 


Now with this picture, I'm just having a play with the macro mode on my OH's new camera.  (I think I'm liking his new camera now!).  The butterly punch is by Tonic.  I've distressed the edges a little around the design papers, added a few paper roses and a little bit of cream cotton lace.  The sentiment stamp is from Hot of the Press.


I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - I used their sketch
I love pro markers - anything goes
Class Act Insider - vintage rubber stamp

Thanks for stopping by,

Amanda


15 comments:

Laney said...

Oh Amanda this is sooo gorgeous what a beautiful stamp ..a perfect vintage card!! Love it!!
hugs
laney

Gaynor Greaves said...

Amanda, this is beautiful. Gaynor xx

Doreen said...

Love the image on this gorgeous card Amanda.xxx

cheryl said...

oh wow just love this card I have that image,but its a huge wooden stamp and its one of my fav's this really is stunning i just adore vintage and this is really beautiful hugs cherylxxxxxx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Amanda, love the image and papers x

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda

Sorry I don't visit very often.

Gorgeous card Amanda, love the image and all the pretty detail.

Hugs

Joanne xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Amanda. I have this stamp but I have never made it look this good.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lauren said...

Hi Amanda. Lovely vintage colours and a great card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Tine said...

Hi Amanda. Lovely vintage colours and a great card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

**Farrah** said...

Wow, this is PERFECT vintage. I'm in love with this beautiful card.
Congrats on the new camera, it's so exciting isn't it?!
Farrah

WeirdCat said...

So pretty, love the vintage feel, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh so elegant! I love the pearls on the butterfly and the way you colored the image! Lovely work!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous beautiful card Amanda.
luv
Debby

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is very nice, beautiful and interesting,,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Inger Harding said...

Wowww this is so beautiful!!
Love it!

Inger