Monday 4 July 2011

Recycling some fabric


Firstly, an apology for not being around in Blogland very much this last week.  I just don't seem to get so much time in the warm weather because I'm always pottering around the garden doing something.  I've also put the Bubbles game widget at the bottom of my blog, which I'm totally addicted to, and every time I open my blog I can't stop playing the frustrating little game!

Quick post tonight - of my work in progress.  Is it recycling or upcycling (which seems to be the new phrase), I'm not sure?  The denim patch has been cut from a pair of my son's old jeans.  The fabric flower is from a pillow case and the trim is new, from Dandelion Designs.

Here's how I made the flower:

Cut a circle of fabric (I drew around a cup to get the shape) and sew around the edge with running stitch.


Gather the stitches together and finish off.  Then flatten the circle with the gathers in the centre, adjust the gathers evenly if necessary.


Cover the gathers with a little disc of fabric and add a button to the centre.  (You could cut out a little felt flower and add some pretty beads to the centre instead).  Hey presto, a simple fabirc flower!


You'll have to pop back in a day or two to see what I've used the heart patch on - its not finished yet!

Thanks for looking,

Amanda

No comments: