Thursday 28 January 2010

Summery sunflowers


Summer will soon be here before we realise, or that's what I keep telling myself anyway.  I just hope that we've seen the last of the snow for this year.  So, to try and warm myself up a little on these dark and damp winter days, I have made this bright and cheerful sunflower card to make me think of warm sunny days sitting in the garden or walking around the lovely countryside. 

Here's what I've used:
Image - Pollycraft digi stamp, coloured with pro markers
Card and paper - all by DCWV
The flower is a die cut and the leaves/stem were cut by hand.

I was trying to make a card without my usual touch of sparkle and no matter how hard I tried, I had to succumb to a little touch of glitter and a small jewel in the flower centre.  I think that I may have experienced glitter withdrawal symptoms had I not added that little bit of bling!!!

No comments: