Saturday 26 January 2013

Something different



This card's a bit different for me - as I said in my last post, I'm sorting through and using up my old stash. These dufex decoupage images have been lying around for a couple of years - from an NEC Hobbycrafts spending spree. 


The colours a bit wrong - that's because of the rubbish weather and lack of natural light that we have at the moment because of our winter. In "real life" the medallion is a lovely shade of lilac and silver (but you get the gyst of it don't you?). I matted the decoupage medallion onto a Nellie Snellen die - the die is square so I cut 2 and off set one. I must try and think "outside the box" more in order to maximise the use of my dies.  The medallion reminds me a bit of a snowflake - very apt for recent weather.


I've added a bit of faux stitching with a fine purple liner and stamped the greeting in Soft Plum ink by Memento.  The AB jewels are from Papermania.

Thanks for visiting today,

Amanda

1 comment:

Basslady said...

hun, this is so noble and elegant!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo