Monday 29 August 2011

Card for a Beer Monster ...


... actually, he's more of a "Red Wine Monster" than a Beer Monster but I couldn't find a digi suitable!

This card is a quick and easy one for my OH whose birthday is soon.  He never looks at my blog so there's no problem posting this before his birthday.  And as I type, he is far too interested in the magical world of Harry Potter, killing death eaters and finding horcrux's (via his PS3) to even notice that I've just made his card just a few feet away from him!  A typical chill-out Bank Holiday in my house - me crafting, him on the PS3.  We tend not to go out on Bank Holidays as it is too busy everywhere.

Anyway, the papers I've used are from a Kay & Co pad and the digi (from Pollycraft) has been coloured with pro markers.  I've kept the embellishments simple and just hand cut a star, added a button and a bit of baker's twine.  The sentiment stamp is from Hot Off the Press.


I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Challenge up your life - Something for a man
Crazy 4 Challenges - Card for a man
Card Mad Fairy - Buttons
Do you stack up? - For a boy/man
Craft us Crazy - Anything goes

Thanks for popping by,

Amanda

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Amanda, and so fun, I love your monster and your doodling around the star mmmm I think I am going to try that, i love it :) xxx

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a fab monster never the less,thanks for joining us at cardmadfairy digi days, and good luck in our buttons challenge
hugs sandra DT

Basslady said...

hahaha...your card makes me laugh out loud! very funny!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Denise said...

Great card - love the beer monster which is coloured beautifully. Your DPs are great too.
Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU this week xx

Peggysue said...

You can't go wrong with a card with beer on it for a guy! Very cute Amanda. Thank you for joining our challenge at DYSU. It’s a pleasure to see your work and please keep coming back!

Naomi said...

Wonderful card! This is so cute and funny and your colouring is fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at DYSU this week...hope to see you back next week!

Francine said...

Hi Amanda,

What a fantastic card ! Love the coloring and the chosen colors. Your monster is lovely :-))))

Thanks for sharing your amazing creation with us at Challenge up your life !

Francine