Friday 14 May 2010

A card and an award!


First of all, apologies for not posting for a few days - sometimes life gets in the way of crafting!

Secondly, I was really pleased to have been voted in the top 3 at this week's Die Cut Dreams challenge and my badge is now proudly on display in my sidebar.  The challenge was "Tilda in Pink" and it was the very first Tilda card I had ever made so I was well pleased.

Today's card has been made for a couple of challenges.  It is Codi from Pollycraft.  I have been having problems with my printer not wanting to print my digis out in black onto white linen card (which is what I normally use).  If I print onto paper then they are perfectly black lines, but if I try to print onto linen card I am getting strange shades on brown and red - very wierd!  It has only just started to happen - any suggestions as to the problem would be gratefully received.

That is the reason why I've gone for an orange theme today - it goes better with the brown lines!  The paper I've used is DCWV and I've used my MS border punch.

I am going to enter it into the following challenges:

Pollycraft - sketch
Secret Crafter Saturday challenge - recipe: 3 embellishments (2 flowers, 1 button), 2 papers and 1 image.

The post is short and sweet today because I'm off to the hairdressers.  Am I the only female who dreads going to the hairdressers?

Thanks for looking and pop back soon!

Amanda

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooohhh what a gorgeous card, love the colours x

the crafty duck said...

Hi Amanda, its gorgeous, love the image and those papers are fresh, lots of love Steph

Fotf said...

Lovely card, nice colours :)

Doreen said...

A fabulolous card Amanda,I love the design and papers.xxx

Unknown said...

lovely card x I know what you mean about hairdressers, I get minde done at home now x cheaper and easier for me x Leigh x

Lesley said...

Lovely card Amanda and fab colours, I hope you get your printing sorted though, it is annoying when things happen and we don't know how to sort them! xx

Becky said...

What a beautiful card AJ! Such gorgeous colours you've used!!
xx