Friday 21 October 2011

Something different from me .......


........ also known as Using up the Old Stash.  I really must use up some of the old stash, if only to make way for more crafting goodies for Christmas.  My OH has bought me a Grand Calibur for Christmas so I need to get a little space ready for that.  I can't wait for Christmas now - but it also means that I need to buy some large dies too for the GC!

I have used an older Forever Friends decoupage sheet for today's card.  The circles were the wrong size for my nesties and I can't cut a perfect circle no matter how hard I try - so I cut the base circle with a smaller nestie and decided it would be a 1 layer image with the rest of the decoupage landing in the bin!  I can't remember the last time I made a card without colouring the main image. 

The paper was part of the FF kit too and the border punch is by Martha Stewart.  I've just added a bow and a few blue pearls to make a quick and simple card for today.


I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

My time to Craft - Punches and Dies
Forever Friends - Anything goes

That's it for today - off to sort out some more old stash to use up!

Amanda

6 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Amanda, I like the sweet image and the design.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Amanda x cant wait to see your creations with the grand calibur x Leigh x

cheryl said...

oh wow this is one stunning card,great use of all your scraps to just love the cute image,hugs cherylxx

Wendy said...

Hi Amanda

I love your cards and am now following you. This is gorgeous, I've got the Forever Friends CD and haven't used it yet but you've just given me the inspiration to start crafting with it. I'll be back xx

**Farrah** said...

Hiya Amanda,
Sometimes picking at the stash can be fun can't it?! This card is so classy.
How fun to be getting a Grand Calibur for Christmas! What a great gift.
Farrah

ahlers5 said...

this is so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at MTTC this week.
Diane