Friday, 16 September 2011

100 years old - wow!


Just a quick post today.  I was recently asked to make 2 birthday cards for a lady who will be celebrating her 100th birthday - how amazing!  A 100 birthday card was definitely a 1st for me and I guess not many of you out there have had the chance to make one either. 

I decided to keep this one in a classic design - using a Spellbinders label die to make the main shape on my easel card.  The chipboard numbers originally started off as glittered silver.  I scraped the glitter off and coloured them in with a gold Sakura marker pen, adding some gold glitter glue once the pen was dry.  The paper is from Kay and Co and the butterfly is cut from a Tonic punch.  I have used another Spellbinders die to frame the sentiment - which, I think, is a HOTP stamp.


I kept the embellishments fairly simple with a few flowers from my stash, some pearl stamens and a cream marabou feather.

I'll be back soon with the second 100th birthday card once I have photographed it.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Colour create - pink, brown, cream and white + photo inspiration
Crafting for all seasons - birthday card
Flutterby Wednesdays - anything goes


Thanks for visiting!

Amanda

7 comments:

Danni said...

Very elegant and so pretty! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

**Farrah** said...

Wow, it's so beautiful!! 100th birthday... we should all be so lucky.

Michelle VP said...

I think this is the perfect card for a 100th celebration! Timeless and classic. Love the white and gold with that gorgeous butterfly. So happy you joined us at Flutterby Wednesday this week. :)

Carol said...

This is fabulous Amanda. I was lucky and made one for a gent earlier this year. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Kerry Steger said...

This is such a lovely and pretty card. Love your layout as well. Thanks for playing with Colour Create this fortnight!

Jan said...

Fab card thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

Annette said...

Hi. I hope you don't mind but I've used your card as inspiration for a 100 birthday card that I was struggling to get ideas for. I love your design and have credited you with the inspiration. Please pop along to my blog if you want to see my version. I must admit yours is far better, but I only had about an hour's notice to make mine!!! Thanks. And I really hope you don't mind me using your card as inspiration. I loved it. Annette xx. nettyscards.blogspot.com