Friday 16 September 2011

100 years old - wow!


Just a quick post today.  I was recently asked to make 2 birthday cards for a lady who will be celebrating her 100th birthday - how amazing!  A 100 birthday card was definitely a 1st for me and I guess not many of you out there have had the chance to make one either. 

I decided to keep this one in a classic design - using a Spellbinders label die to make the main shape on my easel card.  The chipboard numbers originally started off as glittered silver.  I scraped the glitter off and coloured them in with a gold Sakura marker pen, adding some gold glitter glue once the pen was dry.  The paper is from Kay and Co and the butterfly is cut from a Tonic punch.  I have used another Spellbinders die to frame the sentiment - which, I think, is a HOTP stamp.


I kept the embellishments fairly simple with a few flowers from my stash, some pearl stamens and a cream marabou feather.

I'll be back soon with the second 100th birthday card once I have photographed it.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Colour create - pink, brown, cream and white + photo inspiration
Crafting for all seasons - birthday card
Flutterby Wednesdays - anything goes


Thanks for visiting!

Amanda

6 comments:

Danni said...

Very elegant and so pretty! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

**Farrah** said...

Wow, it's so beautiful!! 100th birthday... we should all be so lucky.

Michelle VP said...

I think this is the perfect card for a 100th celebration! Timeless and classic. Love the white and gold with that gorgeous butterfly. So happy you joined us at Flutterby Wednesday this week. :)

Carol said...

This is fabulous Amanda. I was lucky and made one for a gent earlier this year. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Kerry Steger said...

This is such a lovely and pretty card. Love your layout as well. Thanks for playing with Colour Create this fortnight!

Annette said...

Hi. I hope you don't mind but I've used your card as inspiration for a 100 birthday card that I was struggling to get ideas for. I love your design and have credited you with the inspiration. Please pop along to my blog if you want to see my version. I must admit yours is far better, but I only had about an hour's notice to make mine!!! Thanks. And I really hope you don't mind me using your card as inspiration. I loved it. Annette xx. nettyscards.blogspot.com