Tuesday 28 December 2010

My favourites of the year

I hope you all had a really great Christmas - I had a nice, quiet family Christmas with lots of lovely pressies.  The snow has meant that I haven't ventured too far from home; fortunately it has started to melt today, which is a good job as it is back to work tomorrow for me!

I can't do any crafting at the moment, my craft table (AKA dining table) is having to be used as a proper dining table over the Christmas holiday so I decided to look through my blog and pick out my favourite projects from the past 12 months.  I would like to thank everyone who has visited my blog and a big thank you to my lovely followers too.  So, here goes, as we say Bye Bye to 2010 ....

January

This tiny bear that I made is almost my favourite one so far, but not quite.  I won't be parting with this one for the forseeable future.


February

Pollycraft digi images are amongst my favourites and I just like the bright, fresh colours on this Easter card.  Oh no, I can't believe we'll be making Easter cards in just a few weeks!!!



March

This panda is definitely my favourite teddy bear that I have made.  She is about 6 inches tall and is even prettier in real life and she won't be leaving my collection, ever!


April

I love this Whiff of Joy rubber stamp with a plate full of warm cookies, plus it is purple and has some lovely glitter paper on too.



May

Same stamp as April's favourite card.  I did say that I loved that stamp!



June

June was a great month for me - my family went on our first cruise around the Mediterranean and loved every minute.  I was also asked to be a DT member for the One Stitch at a Time challenge blog and this was my first card.  I don't really make many male cards but I did like this one - the beer monster image is by Pollycraft.  I'm sure that we all know a Beer Monster, or two!



July

I fell in love with Magnolia's Tilda stamps earlier this year and this one is still one of the favourites in my collection.


August

I didn't get too much crafting done in August because this was the month that I had corrective laser surgery on my eyes - the best thing I ever did and I only wish that I'd have plucked up the courage to have it done sooner!  For August's favourite it was almost a Tilda Christmas card, but this one just beat it.  I really like this fairy digi, which is from Pollycraft, I like the natural colours an the slightly vintage style paper by My Mind's Eye.


September

Another Tilda card for September's favourite.  The scallop circle cards were a challenge prize from Die Cut Dreams and I must find them out to make some more round cards.



October

It is another of my hand made teddy bears for October's favourite.  It is made from a lovely soft mohair and, at 10" tall, is one of the larger bears that I have made. 



November

My cousin got married in November and this is the card that I made for her.  Lili of the. Valley are amongst my favourite stamps and I also love the circular date stamps by Cat's Life Press.



December

Shame on me - I've just noticed how little I've have posted in December.  I'm sure so many of you are in the same position though - spending weeks getting ready for Christmas.

Anyway, here's December's favourite - my DT card for the current Craft Your Days away challenge.  I've recently discovered Pink Gem stamps and this reindeer image is a real cutie!




So, that's my review of my blogging year.  I am going to have a look at some of your blogs now and try and catch up with what everyone has been up to.  I would like to wish you a Happy New Year and look forward to another year of crafty blogging!

Thanks for looking,

Amanda


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda x Love your crafting reminiscences, you know I love your work but I definately have a soft spot for your bears x Leigh x

Lorraine said...

You have some lovely favourites there, but your bears are just gorgeous and cute and lovely....love 'em. :o)

Sandy Ang said...

Such lovely cards and adorable bears. My fav has to be the wedding card with that cute couple. Wishing you Happy New Year !