Wednesday 13 October 2010

What's on my work desk today?


It's Wednesday again so time to show and tell what's on my workdesk over at Stamping Ground's WOYWW .  I enjoyed having a snoop around eveyone's desks last week.  My desk is a bit different this week, with regards to its contents. 

 

My Tilda Stamp Club stamps have arrived and they are so lovely.  I can't wait to have a play with them.  There's also a Tilda I've just coloured and a stamp I used for my last card that I haven't put away yet.  There's also a Hobby Crafts leaflet to remind me that I must order my tickets for next month's show.



There's a jewellery making magazine that I was given on Monday that I've only managed to have a quick flick through but it looks great.  I keep buying the beads but I never really get round to making anything - I will One Day!  Also on my desk (aka dining table), but you can't see in the picture, is some of my floristry stuff.  Yes, my dining table is rather messy today!  I made two wreaths yesterday morning as it was my Aunt's funeral yesterday.  Floral funeral tribute are one of my favourite things that I make, it is just the reason why you are making them which is not the nice part.  I made a large heart wreath which was for Aunt from her two sisters:



And a closer up picture of the spray:


And this posy was what I made from my family:


Thanks for looking and I hope you've enjoyed your visit!

Amanda

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the new stamps. The flowers are absolutely stunning, sorry you had to make them at all though, hope everything went ok.

Hugs
Brenda

dandelion dreamer said...

the flowers are so lovely...sorry your aunt died but so personal to make the family tributes fo her. HAVE FUN with those lovely new stamps!
Moira

Helen said...

Have fun with your stamps. The floral tributes are amazing, and how nice to be able to do something so personal for your aunt. Condolences to you and your family.

Sarah said...

wonderful gifts to be able to give to your family...

enjoy your new goodies!
sasa 10

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Your flower posies are gorgeous and they are perfect for such a sad occasion.

A.xx(29)

Daniele said...

you get alot of Tilda stamps in the kit....the flowers look lovely, so much more personal than shop brough
thanks for the peek
hugs

Gem said...

those flowers are lovely, I'm sure your Aunt would have been thrilled at how much your family thought of her x

Carola Bartz said...

Beautiful wreathes, though sad event. Have fun with those new stamps.

Minxy said...

beautiful flowers and scrummy stash, sorry for your loss

cheryl said...

oh love all the stamps on show on your desk and as for the flowers wow just amzing,hun,hugs cheryl x
so sorry for your loss though hun,xxxx

Carrie said...

What beautiful floral wreaths, such a fitting way to say goodbye to a cherished loved one. Thank you so much for letting me have a peek at what you have on your dining room table this week and thanks so much for popping by my blog too.
Love
Carrie

Ciara said...

You have made some beautiful wreaths there, so very pretty

Ciara
xx

Neet said...

How clever you are with the flowers. Your Tilda images look lovely - hope to see the end product. #142

The Taming of the Glue said...

Much nicer that the wreaths were made by someone who knew her. The Tilda stamps look gorgeous. Pam (20)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh your floristry is beautiful.
Have fun with your beads - ah jewellery - something I am scared to have a go at - in case I get into it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry about your aunt. But these wreaths are stunning. As someone who has worked with flowers, I know you did a great job. I was actually here earlier, but got that dreaded 503 error. Just came back to wish you a happy belated WOYWW (#2).

Unknown said...

The flowers are bittersweet for you, but you are very talented hun, they are gorgeous x Leigh x