Saturday 17 December 2011

Meet little Lola


Its been a bad few weeks in my household lately so it has been a refreshing change to welcome our new little kitten into our home.  Her name is Lola and she was a stray kitten rescued by the RSPCA.

My beautiful old cat, Muffin, passed away last month at the grand old age of 19 years and we missed him so much.  Lola has helped to fill the huge gap that Muffin left behind.


After several weeks being very poorly in hospital, my grandad passed away last week and we had his funeral yesterday.  The sun shone down on us and, all things considering, it was a nice day.  He would have been proud. 

With everything that has been happening lately I am so disorganised for Christmas this year and my blogging has been seriously neglected over the past few weeks.  I will be running around on Christmas Eve like a manic.  Goodness knows what the kids will find in their Christmas stockings this year!


The kids put the Christmas tree up last night, while I listened to my new Michael Buble Christmas CD and stopped Lola from eating the tinsel, chewing the tree lights and diving in the box of decorations.  There's nothing like a new little kitten to make you forget your worries - they will keep you running around after them all day!

Have a great day!

Amanda


4 comments:

Merry said...

Wishing you lots of hapiness for the remainder of the lead up til Christmas. Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Lola...is so beautiful. I must say that was a fantastic shot of Muffin and 19 years is and amazing life span.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Oh Amanda thank you so much for sharing. Lola is gorgeous and you are making me feel so jealous. Have a great Christmas sweetie, you deserve it.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sheila said...

Amanda,
Lola is so sweet - the image of our Sooty too! You will have lots of fun with her I am sure. Sending you hugs, Sheila:)X

McCrafty's Cards said...

Lola is totally adorable, Have a wonderful christmas.
Kevin xx